Tutor: Jonathan Kearney
A very constructive and interesting Skype talk with Jonathan. Some subjects we discussed below.
What is an actual interface? and some pioneers from earlier decades. Also the collaborative aspect of some artistic practice nowadays, engineers and coders being employed as part of the process and the final ‘piece’ being guided as a Director might a film.
- David Rokeby: Very Nervous System
- Sommerer and Mignonneau: Touch Plants/Interactive Plant Growing
- Kyle McDonald: Exhausting a Crowd
- ken Rinaldo: Augmented fish reality (Fish as an interface)
- Lee Manovich: Software takes Command (Book)
- John Gerrard: Googles Data Farm
- Freevolt: Low Energy ‘IoT’
- White cube: Robert Erwin’s 2x2x2x2 show and his transparent acrylic columns
Assembling my evolving Tool Palette
- Arduino bits + sensors/Blynk App
- Final Cut Pro X
- iPhone 5S w/filmic Pro app
- 3D modelling Programme
Note to Self: Areas to be pursued
- Arduino + Blynk app. Bringing Arduino sketches/projects into the virtual world.
- Exploring the interface + what it means. What is an interface in 2015?
- Harvesting meaningful data from objects as sensors talking to the virtual world.
- Visual representation of this data.
- 3D Printing
- Very Short films/Narrative.